The Opportunity: We have an immediate opening for a Barback, this is an entry level part time position that will require commitment for both Friday and Saturday evenings.
About Valiant Brewing Company: Nestled in the heart of beautiful Orange County California, Valiant Brewing Co. is a production brewery that opened its door in February 2013. Valiant Brewing Co. in its short existence has achieved multiple awards for their beers, received Best Brewery in Orange County and has set new standards for beer styles and profiles.
At Valiant we are committed to providing our customers a superior product at a level of detail that redefines boundaries of craft beer in balance, uniform flavor profiles and diversity. We embrace classic beer styles through ingredients and brewing techniques at the same time altering them to greater heights to achieve the ultimate experience.
What we are looking for: Key Attributes, Duties and Requirements
Valiant Brewing Co. is looking for the right person to join our team to help support the growing pace of our tasting room while providing our customers a superior experience. We are looking for that person who can represent our brand while embracing the culture of our company all along with being energetic, easy to talk to and someone that can ensure that customers are taken care of. The qualified candidate is responsible for helping our Serving Specialist in our tasting room in educating our guests about Valiant and our beer, assisting with orders, pouring beer and filling growlers, bussing tables, keeping table tops clean, restocking kegs in the cold room, ensure glassware gets cleaned and restocked and the tasting room remains a clean environment. This position is for that person who wants to get their foot in the door in the Craft Beer Industry and really loves being around great people and good beer!
Key Attributes the candidate should have:
• Should be organized, clean and smell nice too.
• Should have an enthusiastic personality.
• Must be able to effectively communicate, using all forms of communication i.e. email, phone, and or texting.
• Should have knowledge of Craft Beer (brands, styles and Craft at large) and be current on What’s Hot in the world of Craft Beer.
• Brewing experience is a plus however is not required.
• Must be able to assist customers while adhering to local ABC laws and local regulations.
• Should be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Able to think clearly when lots of distractions are taking place.
• Must be of 21 years of age or older.
• Clean Driving record required via driving history report and a reliable car.
• Must be organized and able to keep intensity up while being punctual.
• Ability to lift 35lb cases and maneuver 150lb kegs of beer.
• Related food/beverage experiences is preferred but not required.
• Cicerone Certification is not required however highly encouraged.
• Must enjoy working in a high paced enjoinment and as a team.
• Must enjoy drinking beer!
Compensation and Other good things: This is an hourly paid position. Oh yes, and lots of wonderful beer.
Let’s get going, where do I submit my resume?
If this opportunity fits you, please send your resume (PDF, Word) and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please do not contact us via phone or text as proper review takes time. We commit to contact those best matched candidates as promptly as possible. Valiant Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When submitting your resume, please title your email with the following “Tasting Room Staff – Job Position and include in the body of the email what your favorite style of beer is and write a brief paragraph why you choose that style.
Valiant Brewing Co-www.valiantbrewing.com-Be Valiant!